CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 14, 2007

Hannah's Hope. Chapter 1 Family Ties

I have been reading a wonderful book called Hannah's Hope by Jennifer Saake. I have fallen behind on my reading and really miss it. I thought that one way to get the full understanding of each chapter would be to write about it each week. Please don't expect it to make perfect sense or to be a work of art--I'm just going to write what I got out of it and how I feel. Please feel free to read each entry and leave comments. THANKS!


On a weekly basis I am asked when Alan and I are going to start a family--like the author says--we started a family the day we were married. Why do people think that it takes more than two to be a family? A family is the most basic group in which people have always lived (Hannha's Hope pg 25)--it is how we define our selves. ALAN AND I ARE A FAMILY! I want to tell these people of the pills I have taken, the shots that Alan has injected into my belly--of the countless tests I have taken--but I know that they are making small talk. I say in a steady voice--"Hopefully soon."

Hannah went into her marriage with the same hopes and desire that I did. She wanted to have a child with the man that she loved. She wanted her son to be the one to carry on her husband's name. Month after month, all she could do was lean on God and seek his heart. I know that every couple that seeks his heart is not promised a child--but God is a big God. He can heal every broken and bitter heart (Hannah's Hope pg. 20)

At the end of every chapter there is a little section called "Burden Bearers". It is a little something for friends of couples like Alan and myself.

BURDEN BEARERS

Please don't let the first few words between us be "Got any kids?". These questions strike very close to my heart--something along the lines of "so, tell me a little bit about you." breaks the ice much easier. Anyone whose life is less than perfect (jobless, single, childless, etc) will appreicate you for it!

1 comment:

Britt said...

Wow, this sounds like a book I definitely need to read! Thanks for posting that what you said is exactly how my husband & I feel :)
(Praying4aMiracle from SC)