CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 23, 2007

Putting an End to Self-Pity

As many of you know, I work in an eye doctor's office. One of my many job duties is helping patients pick out and fit them for glasses. Well, one day we had a girl come in and right away I noticed that she was extremely skinny and obviously was wearing a wig. I immediately thought that this girl has cancer. After reviewing her paperwork, I saw that I was right. She has been battling cervical cancer for 6 years. This girl is just 23. I've been stuck in a rut and feeling sorry for myself--seeing this girl and knowing that everyday she battles for her life made me realize that I needed to stop feeling sorry for myself and be grateful for what I have (a wonderful hubby, mom and bubba who love me, life itself, a home, a good job, etc). I know someday that I will be a Mom. I just have to put my faith in God--that in his time it will happen.

No comments: