CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Visitor

The day after I posted, I had a visitor at work. Richard showed up at the busiest time. I finished with my patient (I do have to admit that I did take my time. I didn't want him to think I'm going to drop everything because he came in). I went over to him and he said hi and asked if I had given any thought to having dinner with him. I told him that I would have to talk to my husband because I wanted him to go with me. I also told him that I didn't really know when we could because Alan was a reporter at the newspaper and this is their busy time with meetings and all (all this is very true). I then gave him my cell number. He tried to make chit-chat and left. As soon has the door shut, I went into freak out mode. Thankfully, I only had about an hour of work left. Once I got home, I just laid on the bed. Alan knew I was really upset and kept asking me what I wanted him to do. I kept telling him that I didn't know. Long story short--Alan made a phone call to Richard.

It's important to note that Alan has never met Richard. I believe he has only seen him maybe once or twice in the 8 years we've been together. Alan was very nice and polite. He told Richard that I needed time. He told him that just because Richard MAY have been thinking about for years, all this had been thrown on me in a week's time. Richard said this is something that he has been wanting to do for a long time (I'm not sure if I believe that or not). He did say that it was a shock to walk in and see in the office. He knew I had worked for Dr. Thrash (he said he had people around town that would tell him stuff--kinda scary huh?), but he didn't know I had changed jobs. He said that he wanted me to hear his side of things. That he knew I had been told things and that he wasn't has bad as they said. Alan told him he didn't call about that. That he had just called to let him know that he needed to give me space and to keep all of this to himself (which he said he would do). Alan also told him that the this phone call didn't mean that Richard could speak to me when he came in for appointments, just not to be pushy.

At this point, I'm even more confused then I was yesterday. His glasses should be here within the next few days and I'm not sure how I'm going to handle the meeting. Maybe I'll get tied up doing a visual field...

No comments: