CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Shutterbug Photography

I love to take pictures. I have since I was a little girl. If someone would have told me that I could have majored in Photography, then I would have done it in a heartbeat. I was recently asked me what I liked about photography. I could not give them just one reason. I love to capture the moment--the emotion, the occasion. I love snapping and not really knowing what you are going to what you got till you develop the pictures (pictures look totally different on paper, then they do the computer!). I love planning the poses, adjusting for shadows and lines. I love being creative! I love the editing--trying to make that picture perfect, seeing if it looks better in color or black and white. I love watching someone look through their pictures for the first time and hearing the excitement in their voices--"Oh my gosh!! There are so good!".

Last fall I was asked by a coworker to take pictures of her and her husband. Another coworker heard us talking and she asked me to take pictures of her family! I went from never taking any one's pictures to having two shoots in one weekend! I was so nervous, but as soon as I had my camera in my hands it all fell into place. After editing over 500 pictures, I had my discs ready to go. I was anxious to see if my pictures would live up to their expectations. The first picture rolled across the screen...Monique's face lit up and I knew that she loved them!

Because of that weekend, I have decided to start Shutterbug Photography. I need a professional grade camera, but till we can afford one Alan is going to let me borrow his work camera for my shoots.

In October i have three shoots already on the book. The first is for my bestie Dana and her family. It will be in a park in Jacksonville (AR). I look forward to seeing what kind of poses I can do there! I also look forward to seeing my "nephew" T.J. The second shoot is for my coworker Monique. Last fall, I shot her, her hubby and their son Jay. This time I will be a family shoot--her mom, dad, sister and her family, and her brother and his wife. This will be the first time I have done one this size, I am nervous but excited!! I also have a date to shoot my cousin Merribrooke--she is a pretty girl so I hope to get some great shots of her and am able to capture her personality!

I plan on getting a Shutterbug blog up and running soon! Till then you can check the pics out on my Facebook!

No comments: