CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 30, 2009

St. Francis County Fair

Tomorrow starts fair week here in Forrest City. It is a small fair, but we go every year to take a stroll on the mid-way. I love the way the fair smells--corn dogs and funnel cake mixed in with cooler temps and the freshly mowed field and the farm animals from the exhibits! Our fair is like any other small town fair. We have pageants and exhibition hall where people can enter farm animals, handmade items (blankets, dresses, dolls, etc), canning goods, art and photography. This will be the first year that I will be submitting anything. I am sure I will not place, but I thought it would be fun to do! Here is a picture of what I am entering.

Alan is taking them out to the fairgrounds for me tomorrow. Judging will happen on Tuesday. Alan has to cover one of the pageants on Wednesday so I will find out how I did then! Wish me luck!

No comments: