CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 06, 2006

Okay, this is the first time that I have had a "blog" but I want a place to vent and a place where others can read about a couple praying for a baby and the lengths that they will through to get it! Don't worry...I'll have the usual complaints and joys of life to write about too! First things first. I have PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) with insulin resistance. It is a is a health problem that can affect a woman's hormone levels, periods, and ovulation. This can affect fertility and pregnancy. Most of the time PCOS is treated with diet and many women go on Glucophage. The glucophage comes with side affects but it is so worth it. I have felt so much better on it. I am also working with just one ovary. In 2000, I had to have my right ovary removed due to a precancerous mass. Last fall, I did three rounds of clomid--for nothing. I didn't ovulate. After an emotional visit to my doc in December, we found out that I will need injections in order to get pregnant. Because my hormones were all over the place, he put me on six weeks of straight birth control. After the six weeks were up, he did an ultrasound and my ovary looked great--BORDERLINE PCOS!! My DH and were so excited. Since the beginning of the year, we have been saving for the injections (everything--shots and office visits-- is going to cost about two grand). Well, finally we are there--Tuesday I go for my check up ultrasound...If everything looks good, then we will be given the green light to start the injections in Nov!! Operation Get Knocked Up has begun!!!

No comments: